One-to-One English Elocution Classes – 12 Week Course
Start Date: Continuous Enrolment
Duration: 12 weeks (90 minutes per week)
(Travelling expenses excluded)
Level: Beginner to Advanced
Intensive one-to-one learn English elocution at your home or in your workplace.
This course is for beginners who are new to English elocution training.
The course will take you from beginner to advanced English elocution over a 12 week period to allow you to practise important English elocution exercises and delivery systematically with the benefit of face-to-face formal instruction.
This course is also for Intermediate near-native speakers who have received accent reduction training or English elocution classes.
The course is also suitable if you have received training on our beginner to advanced accent reduction classes.
The course focuses on teaching you advanced features of spoken English, and builds upon developing refined English elocution.
This course allows maximum attention and focuses on difficult to remove accent elements specific to your native language which interfere with your ability to speak English clearly. The course focuses on reducing further regional English accents or dialects, defects and language impairment and pathology.
You will be trained to speak with confidence in professional English communication whilst developing BBC English.
Our One-to-One English Elocution Classes cover:
- The revision of basic sounds of BBC English or British Received Pronunciation
- Intermediate English pronunciation exercises
- Increasing English articulation flexibility
- Neutralisation of English sounds
- Developing schwa
- Developing English consonant and vowel sounds
- Developing connectivity in spoken English
- Building English intonation, stress and rhythm
- Developing spoken English emphasis
- Developing English modulation
- Increasing English intelligibility
- Developing audibility
- Introduction to phrasing in spoken English
- Introduction to pausing
- The pause in spoken English
- Modulating English delivery speed
- Developing English diction
- English pronunciation correction techniques
- Developing English speech patterns
- Pitch, pause and pace techniques
- Introduction to English speech cadence
- Developing English speech cadence
- Breath control in spoken English
- Developing listening skills
- Developing sub-listening skills
- Developing confidence in speaking
- Developing a clear and focused speaking voice
- Spoken English Presentation skills
- Positive body language
- English grammar
- English form, meaning and expression