One-to-One English Elocution Classes
Start Date: Continuous Enrolment
Duration: 6 weeks (90 minutes per week)
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Intensive one-to-one English elocution at your home or workplace.
This course focuses on reducing further your native language interference in spoken English. This is an Intermediate to Advanced training programme for learners who already know the basics of English pronunciation and accent reduction techniques. The course teaches you intermediate to advanced features of spoken English to help you speak English to near-native ability.
This course introduces you to important features of native spoken English and further develops intermediate to advanced features of refined spoken English for elocution.
The course is also suitable if you have received training on our beginner to advanced accent reduction classes and achieved a final assessment score of CEFR C1 and above.
This course allows maximum attention and focuses on difficult to remove accent elements specific to your native language by developing sophisticated spoken English connectivity features which will help you to speak English clearly. The course also focuses on reducing further regional English accents or dialects, defects and language impairment and pathology.
You will build upon the BBC English training you will have received and consolidate professional English communication skills with the benefit of face-to-face formal instruction.
Our One-to-One English Elocution Classes cover:
- The revision of basic sounds of BBC English or British Received Pronunciation
- Advanced English pronunciation exercises
- Increasing English articulation flexibility
- Neutralisation of English sounds
- Developing schwa
- Developing English consonant and vowel sounds
- Developing connectivity in spoken English
- Building English intonation, stress and rhythm
- Developing spoken English emphasis
- Developing English modulation
- Increasing English intelligibility
- Developing audibility
- Introduction to phrasing in spoken English
- Introduction to pausing
- Pausing power in spoken English
- Modulating English delivery speed
- Developing English diction
- English pronunciation correction techniques
- Developing English speech patterns
- Pitch, pause and pace techniques
- Developing English speech cadence
- Breath control in spoken English
- Developing listening skills
- Developing sub-listening skills
- Developing confidence in speaking
- Developing a clear and focused speaking voice
- Spoken English Presentation skills
- Positive body language
- English grammar
- English form, meaning and expression