One-to-One English Elocution Classes Online by WebCam Skype – 12 Week Course
Start Date: Continuous Enrolment
Duration: 12 weeks (1 hour per week)
Level: Beginner to Advanced
Intensive one-to-one English elocution classes online via WebCam Skype.
This course focuses on introducing you to important features of native spoken English systematically over a 12 week period. We recommend this course if you are new to English elocution training.
This course will take you from beginner to advanced English elocution and is for learners wishing to obtain near-native English, or native English speakers. The course assumes that you have followed an accent reduction training programme if you are a non-native speaker as it focuses on developing advanced spoken English techniques and refined English speaking skills.
The course is also suitable if you have received training on our beginner to advanced accent reduction classes and achieved a final assessment score of CEFR B2 and above.
The course focuses on teaching you beginner to advanced features of spoken English, and builds upon the accent reduction techniques to allow you to develop refined English elocution.
This course allows maximum attention and focuses on difficult to remove accent elements specific to your native language by developing sophisticated spoken English connectivity features.
The course also focuses on reducing further regional English accents or dialects, defects and language impairment and pathology.
You will build steadily upon the BBC English training you will have received and learn to consolidate professional English communication skills.
Our One-to-One English Elocution Classes Online covers:
- The revision of basic sounds of BBC English or British Received Pronunciation
- Intermediate to Advanced English pronunciation exercises
- Increasing English articulation flexibility
- Neutralisation of English sounds
- The importance of schwa
- Developing the schwa sound
- Developing English consonant and vowel sounds
- Developing open English vowel sounds
- Introduction to connectivity in spoken English
- Building English intonation, stress and rhythm
- Introduction to spoken English emphasis
- Developing English modulation
- Increasing English intelligibility
- Developing audibility
- Introduction to phrasing in spoken English
- Introduction to pausing
- The importance of pausing in spoken English
- Modulating English delivery speed
- Developing English diction
- English pronunciation correction techniques
- Developing English speech patterns
- Pitch, pause and pace techniques
- Introduction to English speech cadence
- Breath control in spoken English
- Developing listening skills
- Developing sub-listening skills
- Developing confidence in speaking
- Developing a clear and focused speaking voice
- Spoken English Presentation skills
- Positive body language
- English grammar
- English form, meaning and expression