- Saturday 27 April 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (6 hours)
Where: Brixton Community Base, Talma Road, Brixton, London SW2 1AS (nearest tube: Brixton & BR Brixton)
Price: £80 per person
Level: All Levels
Maximum Group No: 12
Intensive one day accent reduction training in a small group.
Our accent reduction one day workshops focus on reducing your native language interference in spoken English in a small group setting.
This is a general accent reduction course suitable for all abilities as well as non-native and native speakers who are new to accent reduction training.
The morning session will introduce you to important accent reduction techniques and English elocution exercises as well as correcting any specific weaknesses which you may have.
The afternoon session will be interactive and allow you to practise the techniques which you have learned in a communicative and fun way whilst in a supportive group.
Our one day course allows maximum attention and focuses on your specific native language interference into English correcting weaknesses, reducing regional accents or dialects, defects and language impairment. You will be trained from the very beginning to speak with confidence in professional English communication whilst developing BBC English.
Our Accent Reduction One Day Workshop covers:
- Introduction to basic sounds of BBC English or British Received Pronunciation
- Introduction to lip and tongue articulation exercises
- Introduction to English articulation exercises
- Neutralising English sounds
- Developing schwa in English
- Developing English vowel sounds
- Specific language impairment
- Specific accent reduction correction
- Developing BBC English pronunciation patterns
- Intonation, stress and rhythm
- English pitch, pause and pace techniques
- Developing listening skills
- Developing confidence in speaking
- Developing a clear and focused speaking voice
- English speaking presentation skills
- Positive body language
- Connectivity and fluidity in spoken English
- English grammar
- English form, meaning and expression